Sommer Blackman is an Attorney at Grant Attorneys at Law PLLC. Her practice areas include entertainment, trademark, and copyright law.
She is admitted to practice law in Ontario, Canada and admission is pending in New York.
Sommer grew up deeply immersed in music; she is a classically trained pianist and played the alto and tenor saxophones for 7 years. She also enjoys educating the community about their intellectual property rights.
In this episode, she shares:
- The connection between intellectual property and social justice.
- Notable past examples of exploitation of Black artists in America, the Caribbean, and Africa.
- Some current intellectual property cases that she finds interesting.
- IP trends she expects to influence the near future.
- Best ways for creators to protect their IP on larger platforms.