The Chicago-based company’s mission is to provide managed care Medicare Advantage plans that address social determinants of health to reduce healthcare disparities among historically underserved populations.
Dr. Eric E. Whitaker has more than 30 years of experience working in both the public and private sectors to create cutting-edge healthcare solutions for medically underserved populations.
He is also one of the first Black entrepreneurs to raise over $180 million in Chicago.
In this interview, Dr. Whitaker shares:
- His thoughts on health equity and addressing racial disparities in healthcare
- Almost going out of business during the height of the pandemic
- His experience raising $190 million dollars
- Advice for other entrepreneurs running a healthcare business
- The most pressing health issue in the Black community
Podcast: Play in new window | Download