The Coleman Law Firm is a Black owned law firm owned by Bernard Coleman. Bernard has closed more than $1 billion dollars in transactions for clients in a variety of industries, including technology, entertainment, personal care, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, venture capital, and government contracting.
His firm specializes in representing diverse founders, small businesses, and early-stage growth companies through the stages of formation, organization, capitalization, expansion, and acquisition.
In this interview, Bernard discusses:
- Why he left the world of Big Law to start his own firm.
- Helping underrepresented founders raise capital via equity crowdfunding.
- The legal ramifications of not differentiating between independent contractors and employees.
- Best practices for trademark protection.
- Determining when a cryptocurrency should be classified as either a utility token or a security.
- Intellectual property issues in the Metaverse.
- The benefits of acquiring businesses via the franchise model.
Disclaimer: The information provided does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information provided is for general informational purposes only.