For the past few years, there has been a battle cry in our community to spend our dollars with Black owned businesses, as opposed to the usual suspects.
Well this year, we’re inviting you to take Black Friday a step further. We created a list of Black owned businesses from various parts of the African Diaspora that would welcome your support, no matter where you are on the globe.
Take a look at our selection of some of the best of what the international Black community has to offer.
Black Owned Businesses in the Diaspora
1. The Continent
- Kenya – TheMaasaiShop: Handcrafted beaded jewelry
- Ethiopia – ZAAF: Luxury apparel and leather accessories produced in Ethiopia.
- South Africa – M’hudi Wines: Family operated a wine farm located in the Cape Winelands.
- Ghana – Christie Brown: Show-stopping fashion and accessories for women.
2. The United Kingdom
- Ohema Ohene: African inspired fashion brand for Men and Women
- Bespoke Binny: An eclectic range of home furnishings.
- Lela Bag: An exciting new character brand offering adorable Backpacks & Tees for girls.
- Showerella: Uncommon party supplies and activity kits for bridal showers, weddings, parties, and events.
- Sheabutter Cottage: Award winning, fair trade natural skincare products.
- Crown Rose: Afro-contemporary Swimwear and loungewear brand.
- BeUNIQUE: Natural hair care products.
- Bohten: An eco-friendly, luxury eyewear line.
- Style Me Ankara: An online retail store that sells handmade African inspired clothing for men and women.
- Earthtones Naturals: Premium natural hair and body products.
4. The Netherlands
- Nomi by Naomi: Surinamese owned Dutch-wax fashion line for men and women.
- Amsterdam Slavery Heritage Guide: Companion guide for the Black Heritage Amsterdam Tour, packed with amazing historical tidbits and research. A perfect book for your next European getaway to Amsterdam.
- Maisa en da maan (Miesha and the Moon): A Black children’s book in Dutch about Sickle Cell. This a great opportunity to learn a new language and teach your child too!
- Ubuntu-Wear: Culture inspired urban wear
5. And last but not least, the good ole U.S. of Black A.
- William + James: Bespoke bowties
- Black & Sexy TV: Get your favorite homies an online subscription of the sexiest television network on the web.
- I Love My Hair:A Coloring Book of Braids, Coils, and Doodle Dos by Andrea Pippins
- Black Card Revoked: Black Pop Culture Trivia Card game
- Emily Jayne: Natural skin and hair products for men and women
- PruCheek: Funny greeting cards for all occasions
- Whoop Ash: Hilarious yet highly moisturizing body butter by Will Smith’s ex-wife, Shree Fletcher.
- Gentleman’s Quarters: Pre-order the forthcoming title from Vintage Black Glamour’s Nichelle Gainer
If you would like to add your business to this list (or another) SUBMIT HERE.
Subscribe and Follow SHOPPE BLACK on Facebook, Instagram &Twitter
Get your SHOPPE BLACK Apparel!