The United States Commercial Service (CS) is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration.
The mission of CS is to advance and protect strategic U.S. commercial and economic interests around the world.
Camille Richardson is a tenured Senior Foreign Service officer with the U.S. Commercial Service.
She is an accredited diplomat who has served six successive tours of duty in Miami, FL; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Nairobi, Kenya; Mumbai, India, and Sao Paulo, Brazil facilitating commercial partnerships between U.S. and local companies.
Camille was recently appointed as the International Trade Administrations’ new Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
In this interview with Camille, we discuss:
- Using trade and investment to grow the U.S. economy.
- Having more U.S.-based SMEs become partners in Africa’s growth story.
- How to access information about business opportunities in multiple African countries.
- The trade sectors that are being prioritized.
- A recent example of a successful U.S.-Africa trade partnership.
Gain access to exclusive member-only content, events, and more. Sign up for a premium membership.