Despite high levels of education and proven ability, the pathway to the c-suite and paid board seats remains elusive for many Black executives in the United States.
B-Direct is a corporate board preparedness and executive search firm on a mission to multiply corporate board opportunities for U.S. Black executives and entrepreneurs by preparing them for and connecting them to board placement on African-based corporations looking to scale nationally and internationally.
Africa is home to over 430 businesses with $1 billion in annual sales. Of this total 25% are subsidiary group companies of foreign domicile multinationals, 50% have a local origin, 40% are publicly listed, and 60% are privately owned.
We caught up with the B-Direct executive team, Larry Yon, Andra Ward, and Henri Ward to discuss:
- The importance of knowledge and resource sharing between African entrepreneurs on the Continent and Black professionals in the Diaspora.
- Why the US should pay more attention to the business environment on the Continent.
- What should US executives consider when taking on a board role in Africa
- The mutual economic value of culturally connecting Africa to its US Diaspora.
- Their unique approach to board placement
To learn more about how B-Direct™ is disrupting the corporate board training and placement marketplace you can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org and vis their website.