Tara Darnley is the founder of Darlyng & Co., an innovative line of baby products and apparel.
Darlyng & Co. is also the first Black-owned baby registry with more than 100 kid’s products and the fastest-growing clean beauty brand with products formulated for locs, Peculiar Roots.
Darlyng & Co. brands are currently sold by retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kroger, Sally Beauty, and more.
In this interview, Tara shares:
- What inspired her to start the business
- How the business was financed initially
- Owning ideas and learning how to file a patent
- Starting the first Black owned baby registry
- Best practices for operating her business effectively
- Developing good manufacturer relationships
- Growing from a team of two to selling in multiple retailers
Please LIKE the video, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel
Access exclusive content about the latest business and investment opportunities. Sign up for a premium membership.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download