Abai Schulze is the Founder and Creative Director of the ZAAF Collection, an internationally recognized premium lifestyle brand made entirely in Africa.
ZAAF is developing long-term growth opportunities across Africa, partnering with skilled artisans to develop high-end designer products.
ZAAF’s creativity has been recognized in various ways ranging from appearing on runways at New York Fashion Week to being featured in Elle and Vogue, to receiving the UNESCO Tremplin Prize for Entrepreneurship.
ZAAF products are now being carried in boutiques in France, Nairobi, Ethiopia, and the USA.
In this interview, Abai shares:
- The creative inspiration behind her product designs.
- The challenges associated with operating a business on multiple continents.
- Her strategy for building a team of 20 employees.
- He thoughts on the increased appreciation for products made in Africa.
- What entrepreneurial skill she would love to master in 24hrs.
- Sourcing materials from multiple African countries.
- Advice for new and aspiring designers.