Abbey Wemimo is the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Esusu, the leading financial technology company helping individuals save money and build credit.
After receiving a $130 million investment in 2021, Esusu is now valued at $1 billion, making the four-year-old company one of only a few Black-owned unicorns in the world.
In this episode Abbey shares:
- How his background and journey to America inspired the creation of Esusu.
- How it feels to have built a billion-dollar business.
- The factors that contributed to Esusu being so attractive to investors.
- The initial struggle he and his co-founder Samir Goel experienced trying to raise money.
- How Esusu benefits renters and property owners.
- Growing pains and how they are being addressed.
- Where he sees Esusu in 5 years.
- Advice for founders who aspire to build sustainable multimillion and billion-dollar businesses.
Don’t forget to LIKE the video and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!