Fleeting is a Black owned trucking and fleet management services company with a vision to create a platform that improves the commercial freight industry by leveraging technology to match truck owners, drivers and shippers and brokers.
In May of 2021, the Brooklyn, NY based company received a seed round investment of $500,000 from Kyrie Irving, NBA superstar and founder of new consulting firm, KAI 11 Consulting, and venture capital firm, Lockstep Ventures.
“I knew Pierre before he launched Fleeting and served as one of his mentors, so it was a no-brainer for me to stand behind him and invest in his company. He is an innovator and has taken great leaps to address the gaps in the trucking industry that have been overlooked for years. In addition, Pierre is using his company to help those ignored in the trucking world, such as women and formerly incarcerated individuals,” said Marcus Glover, co-founder of Lockstep Ventures.
In this interview with Fleeting’s founder, Pierre Laguerre, he shared:
- How he ended up driving trucks early in his career.
- What inspired him to start his own logistics company.
- His thoughts on the current state of the trucking industry and where he sees the industry in the future.
- Some of the biggest challenges in the trucking industry and how his company addresses them.
- His motivation behind helping disadvantaged people including the formerly incarcerated to get a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Don’t forget to LIKE the video and SUBSCRIBE to our You Tube channel!