Here’s a sad truth: No one’s skin is perfect 100% of the time.
And chances are, you’re reading this article because you’re dealing with some skincare problems yourself! While finding the right products to tackle your skincare concerns can be a real challenge, you’ve come to the right place. Skincare troubles such as acne, dry skin, or hyperpigmentation are never fun to deal with, so here’s your guide to skincare solutions for three common skin problems.
For Dry Skin
Is dry, flaky skin keeping you down? Well, not for much longer! Your skin can become dehydrated from over-washing, hard air, irritants, and more. However, no matter the cause, maintaining a consistent skincare regimen can help you turn things around. So keep your skin moisturized by making the following changes to your routine:
- Use a hydrating cleanser that doesn’t strip the skin of natural oils
- Use an alcohol-free toner to restore your skin’s pH
- Use a daily moisturizer
- Reach for products with hyaluronic acid high on the ingredients list
Unfortunately for us melanated folks, dark spots are more likely to develop on our skin. Those pesky spots are often the results of hormonal changes, sun damage, or acne. If you’ve been unsuccessful at getting rid of your dark spots, these tips targeted for black skin are sure to help you out:
- Wear sunscreen daily to prevent dark spots from getting even darker
- Incorporate vitamin C in your routine as it helps increase collagen and reduces the formation of melanin to prevent hyperpigmentation
- Use hydroquinone, the holy grail topical that helps lighten dark spots
- Treat the underlying cause of hyperpigmentation, i.e. melanated, acne
- Wait it out as hyperpigmentation fades over time
There’s nothing like a new zit that suddenly appears on your face to ruin a great day. So just imagine how awesome it would be if acne magically disappeared for us all after the adolescent years. It’s a nice thought, but sadly, acne can still rear its ugly head years after high school graduation.
Whether your breakouts are due to stress, irritants, or just genetics, here’s some advice to remedy your acne troubles:
- Always avoid touching your face with unclean hands
- Use a cleanser with salicylic acid daily to unclog pores
- Use retinol to keep pimples at bay
- Reach for gentle toners to wipe away oil
- Use antibacterial gels or cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide to kill surface bacteria that causes acne
Hopefully, you use these tips above to help yourself get started in the right direction on your skincare journey because annoying skincare problems are just that: annoying.
So, keep your skin on track and more issues at bay by taking charge to address your problem areas!