For the past few years, there has been a battle cry in our community to spend our dollars with Black owned businesses, as opposed to the usual suspects. Well this year, we’re inviting you to take Black Friday a step further. We created a list of Black owned businesses from various parts of the African Diaspora that would welcome your support, no matter where you are on the globe. Take a look at our selection of some of the best of what the international Black community has to offer.
Black Owned Businesses in the Diaspora
1. The Continent
- Kenya – TheMaasaiShop: Handcrafted beaded jewelry
- Ethiopia – ZAAF: Luxury apparel and leather accessories produced in Ethiopia.
- Ghana – Heel The World: Bespoke shoes and leather accessories crafted in Ghana.
- South Africa – M’hudi Wines: Family operated a wine farm in located in in the Cape Winelands.
- Ghana – Christie Brown: Show stopping fashion and accessories for women.
2. The United Kingdom
- Ohema Ohene: African inspired fashion brand for Men and Women
- Bespoke Binny: An eclectic range of home furnishings.
- Lela Bag: An exciting new character brand offering adorable Backpacks & Tees for girls.
- Showerella: Uncommon party supplies and activity kits for bridal showers, weddings, parties and events.
- Sheabutter Cottage: Award winning, fair trade natural skin care products.
- Crown Rose: Afro-contemporary Swimwear and loungewear brand.
- BeUNIQUE: Natural hair care products.
- Bohten: An eco-friendly, luxury eye wear line.
- Style Me Ankara: An online retail store that sells handmade African inspired clothing for men and women.
- Earthtones Naturals: Premium natural hair and body products.
4. The Netherlands
- Nomi by Naomi: Surinamese owned Dutch-wax fashion line for men and women.
- Amsterdam Slavery Heritage Guide: Companion guide for the Black Heritage Amsterdam Tour, packed with amazing historical tidbits and research. A perfect book for your next European getway to Amsterdam.
- Maisa en da maan (Miesha and the Moon): A Black children’s book in Dutch about Sickle Cell. This a great opportunity to learn a new language and teach your child too!
- Ubuntu-Wear: Culture inspired urban wear
5. And last but not least, the good ole U.S. of Black A.
- William + James: Bespoke bowties
- Black & Sexy TV: Get your favorite homies an online subscription of the sexiest television network on the web.
- I Love My Hair:A Coloring Book of Braids, Coils, and Doodle Dos by Andrea Pippins
- Black Card Revoked: Black Pop Culture Trivia Card game
- Emily Jayne: Natural skin and hair products for men and women
- PruCheek: Funny greeting cards for all occasions
- Whoop Ash: Hilarious yet highly moisturizing body butter by Will Smith’s ex wife, Shree Fletcher.
- Gentleman’s Quarters: Pre-order the forthcoming title from Vintage Black Glamour’s Nichelle Gainer